Thursday, November 30, 2006

Better late than never...

Last weekend was a very hectic one!
Friday night we left Peterborough at 6:00 and drove down to Burnham to see JC. He was mid-packing for a weekend booze cruise to Cherbourg (not asleep for once!)
Dave and I watched TV (a thoroughly depressing episode of Eastenders - although good news that Pauline has finally been killed off!!) and got a takeaway. Most disappointed with the Chinese - must be due to all the scrummy food I've been cooking recently!

Saturday we were up early. Dave had arranged a site visit to see a patch of land that needed a house putting on it. Oh, and shops he has informed me!
I went shopping....
Bought some lovely boots, you'll like them mum, and a few Christmas presents.

Dave picked me up and we headed off to Twickenham via McDonalds. Dave had been very sensible and pre-booked a parking space for us at a local school so we parked up and walked the short distance to the Guinness tent. I was nominated driver so Dave and his friend Pete made up for what I couldn't drink!

The game started fairly well and I had a 'ref link' which meant I could hear everything the referee was saying. Made the game so much more interesting - well, for me anyway. probably annoyed the hell out of everyone around me as I kept informing Dave of what the ref was saying!
Bit gutted we lost but the atmosphere was great and so good to finally get to Twickenham.

40 seconds before the final whistle we made a sharp exit and trotted back to the car for the next step in our epic adventure.

An hour and a half later we arrived at Emma and Mark's house in Derby. Emma was singing in a group who had formed to do a charity night to raise money for NSPCC.
Her Dad, step mum, Mark's mum and dad and her two brothers all arrived to the village hall where it was being held and had a fantastic night.
I won a prize (bit of a fix!) and then had to sing to 'Mustang Sally' with 3 other Mandys!! I've only ever met 3 other Mandys in my life!

Sunday we had planned to head back to Peterborough quite early but Mark's mum was insistent that we stayed for roast dinner - how could we refuse! It was decided that we would pretend it was Christmas as Em and Mark are also away for Christmas in New Zealand - not sure that Dave and I would normally be at their Christmas dinner but it was lovely! No crackers or christmas tree though... :o(

Another weekend over...

Wednesday saw an exciting turn of events. I got the letter from work that I was hoping for. Not quite as clear cut as I had hoped but still good news none the less - won't go in to too much detail in case someone from work has found this page!!

Off to Maghull this weekend to see mummy and daddy. Dave's looking forward to mum taking him on the tram! :o)

Glad to hear all is well with everyone.

M & D
xxxxxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home